Representing the likes of you and us.
The public face of communications watchdog Ofcom, Richards represents customers’ best interests when it comes to mobile carriers, broadband contracts and charges for landlines.
He also speaks up when it comes to BBC stars’ wages, believing the public deserves to know. But that’s not why Richards is a fixture on our Tech 100 list this year, although we’d love to know how much Gary Lineker is on.
Richards has been tipped to take up the empty spot at the helm of ITV, although if he wants to ensure he’ll be included in next year’s Tech 100 we’d suggest he stays put.
Latest blog posts from Ofcom
- Proposals for product placement on TV and paid-for references to brands and products on radio
- Ofcom opens debate on net neutrality
- Cheaper charges for UK consumers to end phone contracts
- Ofcom Awards Seven New Community Radio Licences
- High definition brings fans closer to World Cup action
- Ofcom sets out new rules to tackle repeat silent calls
- Draft code of practice to reduce online copyright infringement
Tweets by @ofcom
- Ofcom rules on First Election Debate complaints http://tinyurl.com/2w69645 3 Years ago
- Here are the latest audience complaints http://tinyurl.com/csl5zf 3 Years ago
- Latest Broadcast Bulletin has just been published http://tinyurl.com/33twpr9 3 Years ago
- Ofcom accredits another price comparison site http://tinyurl.com/268ednu 3 Years ago